These days, you can hardly turn on the TV or open a news source without being bombarded with bad news. It can feel like the world is imploding…
The good news is, International Educators around the globe are creating student-powered Community Service projects destined to make a positive and lasting difference.
In the words of the Dalai Lama:
If you think you’re too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
Here’s a sample of some projects IEs around the globe are spearheading in an effort to make the world a better place for one and all:
• Beach/river/lake/park clean-ups
• Planting trees
• Bake sales/carnivals to raise money for designated charity
• Adopting a local school – Help repair/paint and donate supplies
• Big buddy for kids at an orphanage/hospital
• Habitat for Humanity – teacher/students volunteer in building homes
• Packets for the homeless – socks, snacks, toiletries
ISR invites YOU to share what you, your school and colleagues are doing to make the planet a better place, one small step at a time. When we share our ideas, projects and insights with each other we become a source for positive change! Thank you!
Please scroll to participate in this Discussion